Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Howto Win2k3 domain authenticate then login to Novell

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsebasti

Technical User
May 15, 2002
AU
I have XP users which normally login straight to a Novell 5 server. I need to have them authenticate to win2k3 domain before or after the Novell login.

Anyone know a quick way or a process in setting up the XP machine or Novell client to do so...

========================================
I learnt the most
when I stopped talking...

slap the novell client on it
set the windows part to the evil empire

look at identity manager

Hi,

As mentioned in the last post, there are easy ways to do this:

1) By installing the Novell client on the XP workstation (hopefully it is XP Pro, not XP Home), you will get a Novell client login. Then the Windows authentication will come up whether that be a local machine authentication or domain authentication. If the user ID and passwords on Novell and Micorosft sides are identical then the second (Widnows) login will not show up. Otheriwse the user types in both sets of credentials.

2) By installing and configuring Identity Manager (formerly DirXML), it does not change the above process itself. Identity Manager allows the 2 systems eDirectory and W2K3 domains or AD to synchronize user information so that the second login box never shows up for your users. Changing a user password on either side automatically synchronizes it to the other system.

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting
Check out our Novell Training Cruises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back