Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HowTo Install Multiple PAP2T ATA Devices on Same Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlyn

Programmer
Sep 3, 2003
US
Hi,

I've looked and found nothing about installing multiple LinkSys PAP2T ATA devices in the same lan segment. Does each device have to have its own sip port number? Looking for config info on how to do this.

Thanks, Stanley

As long as they can get unique IP addresses they should work. SIP port has nothing to do with it as it is on the remote server.

Hi iggsterman,

Thanks for your reply...

So, I can use sip port 5060 on both line1 and line2 configs for each of the multiple adapters? I'm using (4) PAP2T adapters. I would assume using 5060 for line1 and line2 on the same or different adapter would cause trouble. I understand you to say that it will not.

So, I should only change the tcp/udp network address and not the sip numbers. I have done that in order to config each. One is 192.168.0.100 and the other is 192.168.0.110 and use that in browser to do their configs.

I'm using Voip.ms (swiftvox) and do not see anywhere in their configs to change the sip port number. I'll contact them to see if I'm missing something in their configs.

Thanks, Stanley

Right. The external SIP server sits somewhere listening on 5060 (in your case) and you can connect from multiple sources, as long as you either have different accounts or they allow multiple logins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back