Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOWTO install L8 loader with hp lto 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgauteng

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
ZA
hello admins
I tried to install the l8 loader as per veritas instructions.After changing the st.conf file to show the new device and use veritas drivers. it is not seen even by the os ,sgscan show the device with target ???? instead /dev/rmt/0. once the sga andthe ultgruim 1,0x00 etc entries are removed from st.conf and reboted .All is seen by both. this loader connects via lvd scsi to v240.
Problem is backups are avering 8mb/s we have private gigabit network.changed buffer sizes for client and server to 1048576 but we still averging 8mb/s hoping to achieve at least 15 anyhelp

There could be many factors involved here;
Type of data?
Size of data?
Compressable data?
Type of SCSI Adapter
What, if anything else is on the same SCSI channel

How does your CPU and Wait I/O's look like when doing this back.

I would look at your server first. Make it a vanilla install then work from there. Remember, just because it is rated to write at a speed, it does not mean you will get that.

hi thank you for your reply i have about 2tb all connected to a san arbitrated loop. locally i get very good speed but my nfs mounts just grind down to about 8mb/s whereas locally I get about 15mb/s. the server is well specked 4gb ram 2xcpu single pci lvd scsi nothing else on the chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back