Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How's Prometric Doing So Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilliabeth

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
Anybody had any experiences with Prometric or new Prometric centers?

Lilliabeth
-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?-

Update on the score being posted on Microsoft..

Seems as though Prometric decided to create a new MCP ID for me when they reported the score to Microsoft. Microsoft was able to merge the two records together after I faxed over documentation to prove who I was, and it took about a week to do...

So just a thought, but if you tested with Vue, and now are going to test with Prometric, make sure everything on your registration is exactly the same,,, if you put a "." after your middle initial on one, then you need to on the other,,, if you put a floor # in capitals on one, then you need to on the other,, etc....

Just took another MCP exam(291) today and there was a 5-10 second lag between each question. About halfway through the test there was a 30 second lag between one of the questions and that was scary...just staring at a white screen wondering if the test was going to crash.

I wish that MS would go back to using VUE again. Not to mention that VUE was only 5 minutes away and Prometric is about 45 minutes away.

Word on the street is the ms exam engine is going to have a overhaul soon so thats there no more big pauses that happens on some tests.

Another thing I really dislike about Prometric is thier website. Navigation and access to information is terrible and not very streamlined IMHO. Like when you use a voucher, there is nothing on the reciept or in the appointment that shows what voucher was used, there is no confirmation that a voucher was even added successfully. After failing the 70-291 I want to make sure I have some insurance for the second try so I used the MS 2nd shot voucher to register for the second try but I am not sure if it took it or not, Hopefully I wont have to use but a little insurance goes a long way.

If you print a receipt there should be a bit at the bottom about the voucher. It's not clearly obvious what the details of the voucher, but I've used some vouchers that I got from a Windows 2008 class and when I printed the receipt there was a code at the bottom that reflected the voucher and the associated discount.

But I agree, the web site could use some work.

MCTS:Network Infrastructure
MCTS:Applications Infrastructure

Thanks kmcferrin. I did see that under the payment details there is a reference to a voucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back