Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How would you pull data cables in this scenario - Give me your thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurf786

Technical User
Mar 2, 2017
US
Hi Guys,

I do some cabling not really large jobs, usually 1, 2 maybe 3 runs..

I need to do some cabling for wifi points and need to pull approx 14 points.. It is the same layout ground floor and first floor just going to go in opposite direction.

How would you pull the cables? I have 6 boxes so can tape the cables together and pull as required. Should I pull through the corridor all the way to the end and then split off into the required rooms and pull back the unused cable back to box? Or any other hints or ideas?

I will be using cable rods to pull cables through false ceiling... Any other tools that may help?

Thank you,

Cable_run_qgduar.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm no cabling expert, but I've seen a thing or two! :D :D

I'd create a pathway down the hallway then branch out to each room. Since you're only talking 7 cables, you could use J-hooks for the whole thing.
J-hook example:

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Agree on the support but would pull from the hall towards the patch panel. Easier to join stuff up than to break it out.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

How I've done similar jobs in the past is to put a box of cable at each door to each room then add on as I run down the corridor.

Calum M
ACSS

Thanks guys,

I put box of cable and run through corridor and split off where required. All sorted, thanks for all your assistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back