Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How will I change the form icon of the vb exe file? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2004
PH
Hi,
I have compiled a program in vb 6.0.I am already on the finishing touch.Well, the problem is I want to change the standard form icon in exe file into my desired icon.Please tell me how to do it.Thanks.

What you have to do is go to the resource editor. First make sure that the resource editor is loaded by going to the Add-in manager. Once you know that it is loaded, you can proceed to open it via the tools menu. At the top of the resource editor you will see various icons. Click the one who's tool-tip reads "Add Icon". Then simply locate the icon you wish to use. If you wish for the Main form to show it, then put this code upon loading the form...

Form1.icon = "c:\Path to Icon"

Or
you can simply change this within the properties of the form...

Hope this helps...

LF

Pick a form in the project usually Help/About and set the forms icon property to the desired icon.

From IDE menu select menu item - Project - projectname properties, goto the make tab then in the application frame select that form for application icon source.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot Mr. SonOfEmidec1100!!! That really helps to change my exe files icon.I am just wondering if can i create .hlp files in Visual Basic because i only new to create an .frm files and .prj files in VB 6.0 but how about .hlp files.If not, what programming languages can i used to create .hlp files.Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back