Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How use IIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubdar

Programmer
Aug 30, 2002
MX
I wan't know how use iis? I have Windows XP Pro. and IIS it's installed but i don't know what do after that, please something tell me how use or tell one web site where i can't find how use, thanks

[Assuming u know what IIS does] It's easy.. simply put ur web pages under C:\inetpub\ directory.. then open IIS.. assign ur dynamic or static ip into "default web site" and u're done. Now u can start serving up web pages.

Good Luck.

T [afro][gorgeous][afro2]

Ok, which is good for serving sites from single ip's. XP Pro's iis is the same as win 2000's, it will only host single ip's. If you looking at doing web development this is fine, if not, well...

A

Yep.. that's correct.. if u're using win2k or XP pro then u're limited to amount of websites u can serve up. Moreover, u're also limited to the amount of connections to ur website.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back