Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How unlocked General Supervisor profile ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ced62

Programmer
Aug 27, 2003
FR
Hi,
On the BusinessOjects Supervisor the General Supervisor profile is locked ... can I create another one or unlocked it ?
Regards,
Cédric

Do you mean that General Supervisor Login is disabled b'coz you entered it wrong three times???? If you have another GS Login then it will be simple or else you need to touch the repository tables directly to enable it. Remember the warning BO used to give if you have only one GS. It is basically for this type of mistakes.

Sri

Hi,
Thank you for your help. Don't worry for me, the login was already locked when I arrived (it is a new job). But the problem is similar : i have to unlock it !!!! Maybe you know how to do in the repository tables ??

Céd

Here's the SQL. BOID=your General Supervisor ID

Update obj_m_actor
set M_ACTOR_C_PASSWORD="",M_ACTOR_N_STATUS=33
where M_ACTOR_C_NAME="BOID"

Then you should be able to log in using your General Supervisor ID. Set a new password and then create a backdoor id in case this happens again.

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

Too great !!!

Thank you very much

Céd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back