Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to wrap text in illustrator CS4? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIJ78999

Programmer
Jul 6, 2010
JO
I created a circle and printed some text in the artboard. I did the following steps to wrap the text around the circle.

I selected the circle and chose Object > Arrange > Bring To Front.
Then Object > Text Wrap > Make.
ThenObject > Text Wrap > Text Wrap Options. I chose the Offset to be 24.

Although this nothing happened. What is missing?

Textwrap only works with paragraph text.

So you must create an area with your type tool, type your text and do just what you did.

Make sure that the object is on top of the text frame.

carlow

I used the Type tool To create the text. I created the circle and tried to wrap the text around the circle but still the same with no text wrapping at all.

I attached the file that I am working on after doing the text wrapping process. Please tell me what's wrong?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lyzmzzyyifz/Untitled-1.ai
You want the text to follow the circle,

That's not text wrap, it's called Type on a Path.

If you click on the text tool and hold down your mouse for a sec you will see that there is a special text tool just for that use.

With the type on a path tool selected go to the border of your circle and click on it. Type your text and it wil follow the circle.

carlow

Then we come back to my first reply.

Select the Text tool

Instead of clicking on your artboard, click and drag.

This is called paragraph text.

type your text.

Your text will be in a container, now you can move your text box with the black arrow next to the object and it will wrap around it, as long as the object is on top of the textbox.

I solved the problem.

This is what I am asking for. Look at the attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back