Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to wire a krone plug 46-216 to a secondry socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubbyno9

Technical User
Feb 4, 2010
GB
Hi all, and happy new year.
I am trying to connect a 46-216 krone plug to a UK spec secondary socket. I thought I would connect, in my case, white cable and brown cables to positions 2 and 5. When I tone out from the krone plug white and brown are the colours that ore on the side of the plug with the black mark is(sorry I hope this makes sense). I have another secondary socket that I connect cables to 2 and 5 and then just krone them into the pair on the krone strip but I want to use the krone plug for quickness.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Krone 46-216 is a test plug for to plug a test phone into a Krone Block.
What you need to test a secondary socket is a BT plug connected to your test phone.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
The current set up is the krone plug is connected to a secondary socket. The colour code of the cable is White, Brown, Yellow and Green.
When I tone out from the cable colours to the krone plug they are the following, when holding the krone plug and its pointing away from me, the black marker or plug on top, white is left and brown is right. Turn the plug round with it still pointing away I have green on left and yellow on right. Green is under brown and white is under yellow.
I have brown kroned into 2 on the secondary socket and white into 5.

When I connect the plug in to krone block, cable feeding back to secondary socket and butt phone plugged into socket I am getting nothing.

What colours should I have kroned into numbers on the socket.

I know the socket is working as I have jumpered a twisted pair straight into the socket and kroned into the krone block and it is working on which ever TN I use.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,
Sorry I dont get it.
Why are you connecting a Krone plug into a BT socket ?
Is it to be used as a flying socket when plugging in on a Krone Frame ?

There are 2 types of Krone plug
one is a 'dis' plug that will disconnect the top pair from the bottom pair when you plug it in to the krone strip.
The other type is just a blade on either side to 'overhear' on the pair on the krone strip.

Regards

Hi Sbcsu,

Its probably me not explaining it properly.

I have a couple of faulty exts/phones in the rooms where I work. I print out the ext details to get TN then check on the MDF cabinet. I am using the equipment I have inherited !!!!! I have a krone plug (think that's what its called) see link, I have the 46-216 type. It has a cable as earlier described that is wired in way described that comes from krone plug to BT 2ndry socket. I plug butt phone into the socket and confirm the line is working on E-side. I then trace jumper wire round to make sure that its ok at E-side. I then move to next comms room and check where line is presented.

46-216 krone plug---->cable, white, brown, green, yellow----->cable connected to BT socket white=5, brown=2, green=free, yellow=free------>butt phone plugs into socket.

I then use the krone plug to check on frame

Thanks for the replys

Hi, sorry for delay.

Cheers, I have a ordered a couple, the old kit is in the bib lol cheers

Good,
The wires from those connectors are too thin to 'krone' on to a BT socket especially if it has been used already for standard CW1308 or CAT5 wires.
The one with the earth clip is for earth recall or for older earth start trunks.
Good Luck :)

Think your looking for something like this?

Tempo Chesivale Adaptor
Manufacturer Code : M000901A
Item Code : 37626

Please call sales for availability
Contact us for your discount price!
Incl. VAT: £12.22 Excl. VAT: £10.18

37626.jpg

or maybe this?

Un-Branded Cord Set 6/10K
Un-Branded Cord Set 6/10K
Manufacturer Code : 6/10K
Item Code : 15588

In Stock
Incl. VAT: £15.60 Excl. VAT: £13.00

15588.jpg

or maybe one with crocodile clips?

Un-Branded 6/10E Cord Sets
Manufacturer Code : 6/10E
Item Code : 15585

In Stock
Incl. VAT: £10.20 Excl. VAT: £8.50

15585.jpg

These are available from Rocom.co.uk and probably Nimamns as seen as they are virtually the same company?

Hi Sbcsu,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I ordered some but don't seem to have arrived on the rig yet, going to chase up tomorrow, ta for your help.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back