Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to view the running services on a WIN98 PC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreCA

Programmer
Feb 11, 2003
US
I would like to find out if a certain service is running on my machine, but I don't know how to view the running services in WIN98. Any ideas?

Thanks,
CA

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del on the Desktop.

Another option is to click Start/Run, type msconfig, click OK, click the Startup tab, and look at which items are checked.

Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't give me what I want...those are the running processing, I don't guess those are everything that is running in the background. Looking at MSCONFIG did, however give me what I was looking for. I had forgotten about that program.

Thanks for you response.

CA

start > run MSinfo32 >> Software Environment >> "Startup Programs" [Loaded From] Column will list these;
(like this)
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run)
AVG_CC Registry (Machine Run)
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Avgserv9.exe Registry (Machine Service)
TrueVector Registry (Machine Service)
minilog Registry (Machine Service)

and Running Tasks will show you some surprises as well, but most you were unaware of are fine - so leave alone, and or post oddities here

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

BTW - HijackThis is great and I use it

Plus - SpyBot S&D will list all these items too

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back