Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to view project on tv monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdodva

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
CA
I'm new to the group and need some help with setting up my system so that I can view and hear my project on a tv monitor. My video card has a s-video out and I also have an audio jack which I can get audio into the monitor. How do I set it up so that I see only the project window on the tv screen and not the time line and other windows. Thanks for your help.

vdodva: I don't think there is anyway to output "only" the project window to your TV. Premiere will allow you to "preview" you project on an external monitor (TV in your case).
Check you settings for Previews - there are options there to specify sending A+V to external output and/or just the desktop.

HTH....Rob

Thanks Rob,

I sorta got around the issue by outputting audio and video to a small DV camera via firewire and then inputing split signals into the TV monitor. It works but I'm sure it's the long way around. I'll check on my settings as well.

Thanks for your help!
vdodva
video diva:)

Okay, this is puzzling me as well.

I have my monitor in front of me, and an NTSC video to my right. I've set my video controller to treat this like a big ol' desktop, in order to have my timeline-video on the NTSC monitor, while my clips bin, my timeline, and my trim/preview monitor appear on my monitor in front of me.

But it ain't working.

I can't seem to have a separate and distinct trim monitor and timeline preview monitor.

I'm still searching through archives, though...

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back