Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use vb6 recordset as dynamic table at run time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apelecanus

Programmer
Oct 25, 2000
US
1. i'm relatively inexperienced at both vb6 and scr7, but have been using both to create reports for about three months now.

2. i would like to find information on how to pass a recordset created at runtime to a crystal for use a a report table. (i've not found the magic search string for use in seagate's knowledge base!) if any one can recommend a quick and dirty method, or a resource i'd really appreciate it.

thanks to all

I found Seagates documentation on this pretty confusing.

I have inlcluded this topic in a short reference document that I prepared for a class that I taught. I wouldn't mind sharing it with you in exchange for your feedback.

There is a description on my web site. If you feel it would be helpful drop me a line using the Email address on my website. I will Email it to you.
Ken Hamady

This is exactly what I'm doing on my current project. The secret seems to be setting the data source as a ".ttx" file. Try "ttx" in your searching for better results. Seagate has sent me several examples. Note, the documentation is pretty bad when it come to CR ver 8.0. The COM object has changed slightly from the documentation. If you have more trouble, post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back