Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Use Tab Srip Control, Progress Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

How to use the tab strip control. On one tab strip I can lay my controls but how to lay another set of controls on the second tab. Please Let me know.

How do I use a progressbar, which should show the percentage of completion (maybe on a label).
Example: I click on save record button for data to be saved on a dbase table. I need a progressbar to indicate this. Since the save process is very quick I need the progress bar to take, say 3 seconds, to reach 100% and save the record after this 3 seconds. A label should display the percentage of completion. (I think 30% for a second and 30% again and 40% for the 3rd second would be the right interval).

Also can we change the color of the progress indicator form blue to any other color. (Maybe I can user a labels instead of the progressbar).
Thanks

Hey rainbowcastle.

TabStrip-problem:

The way I see it you have two options.

1. Use a frame (for example a picturebox) for each tabstrip you have. Set all the frame to VISIBLE = FALSE and add the following code to you application:

Private Sub TabStrip1_Click()
With TabStrip1
If .SelectedItem.Index = 1 Then
'Enable/Disable the frames you want here.
End If

If .SelectedItem.Index = 2 Then
'Enable/Disable the frames you want here.
End If
End With
End Sub

Tip: If you use a picturebox as a frame, change its APPEARANCE and BORDERSTYLE property to make the frame invisible to the user at runtime.

2. Add the Windows Tabbed Dialog control using CTRL-T at designtime. This control allows you to select the different tabs in designtime. (Name: TABCTL32.OCX)

Let me give a strong recommendation for option 2 given by Thei. The SSTab control is much easier to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back