Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use "Imports"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twigs1981

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
US
I am unable to:

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

it seems VB can not find it. I have crystal reports on my system but I have no idea how to do get the import to work. Any help would be nice since I'm clueless :)

thank you

Have you added the reference in the references thingy?

bassguy

if I knew what reference to add I'd be happy to.. msdn just says:
"Add a reference to CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.
"

and I look for it and I don't see it... I've looked in COM and .NET

I assumed that is why the "imports" failed but then I don't understand why I am unable to locate the reference :-/

Once you add a crystal report to your project, references will then be added.
or
right click on reference in the solution window and then add reference. Make sure the .net tab is selected. If crystal is installed the references will be there.

Then you should be able to import.

**If you're using VB.Net Standard I don't think Crystal is included.

Scott
Programmer Analyst
<{{><

I'm using VB .NET standard so I guess I'm SOL since I can not add a crystal report..

Thank you much I'd of played with this forever :)

yes, i have often looked foreve to findo out that I cannot do something....it would be nice if there was a dictionary of stuff that can't be done...lol

bassguy

lol.. yeah... damn MS and their various versions of software!

:p

Sorry bout that.

.Net has some pretty slick printing capabilities....far better than vb6. You might want to check them out.

system.drawing.printing

Scott
Programmer Analyst
<{{><

that seems to be the route I'll have to go.. but I've never written anything to print so I was hoping to skate by again where I can click and drag and change the format on a whim :-/... so much for the lazy virtue in programming;)

You should add following references
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource
CrystalDecisions.Shared

then your import will work

twigs1981,

Post again if you have any problems with printing. I've got a couple apps in production that make use if it.

Scott
Programmer Analyst
<{{><

stnkyminky,

you have anything that'll allow me to print from an IrDA port from an asp.net app w/vb.net?

much thanks in advance! ;)

><)))>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back