Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use "Call me back" feature and voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelzippy

Technical User
Oct 28, 2012
GB
Hi,

I have a requirement, that my users wish to use the "call me back" feature when a station is busy, rather than leaving a voicemail. The issue I have is that the "call me back" button doesn't stay on the screen long enough for the user to press it.

I have tried changing the 1st alternative to "normal" for busy/int, which allows the "call me back" feature but does not go to voicemail. If I change 1st alternative for busy/int to "last" and the 2nd alternative to voicemail, the call goes directly to voicemail.

Can I delay the reroute to 2nd alternative?

Any help or suggestions would be useful.

Thanks

The callback will only work until it reroutes or forwards. If you extend the call forward no answer timer and system reoute timer you may have more time to do a call back.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Callback is a hold over from before voicemail.

Your users will not be happy, steer them in the right direction.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Hi,

I know what you are saying about it being a hold over from before voicemail, but it is actually quite a useful feature.

It can save a lot of time, rather than leaving vm for someone, they call you back, you're on phone, they leave message, you phone back, they're on phone....etc etc

If you use "call me back" feature it only calls you back when they're free.

I have found a work around...

I changed "Call Forward - Delay" to 5 secs, and set Call Forward no answer internal to voicemail. This way it allows caller to wait for 5 secs, use "call me back" if required, and goes to VM after that.

Having said that, it would also be good for a user to override call forward if they want to continue to wait. Can this be done?

Iain

It can save a lot of time, rather than leaving vm for someone, they call you back, you're on phone, they leave message, you phone back, they're on phone....etc etc

It (callback) can cause a lot of confusion when hours or days pass before the callback is activated. Also, a person could be in their office for hours without touching the phone causing needless delays. Another common complaint is that by the time the callback activates, the reason for it has been forgotten. As much as i hate vmail tag, it is better than callbacks

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Callback is in deed a useful feature when used. Don't know if not having the patience to wait for someone to return a call is a good reason. As kwbmitel says there are many ways it can be more confusing so if they can't wait maybe they could consider something more modern like a chat client. Anyway you have the appropriate work around.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back