Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use queryman to connect to Oracle Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankycat

MIS
Mar 11, 2003
US
I want to write query in queryman to extract data from an Oracle Database. However can I link up them. I have used MS ODBC for oracle to link up, but an error message has appear "Invalid Connection String Attribute". What should I do?

Hi frankycat,
Queryman is not specific for just Teradata Database.. it could connect to any database thru MS ODBC. Check whether your ODBC connection is set properly.

User3000

Hi user3000
thanks for your reply. I have a doubt whether I should use ODBC driver for teradata or Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle to connect.
When I have used Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle, an error message "Invalid Connection String Attribute" apprear.
I can't use it to link the database in Access.
When I have used ODBC driver for teradata, an error message "10065 WSA E HostUnreah: The Teradata serve can't currently be reached over this network." appear.
Could you please show me the steps so that I can use queryman. Many Thanks

HI frankycat,
To connect to Oracle u need to create a DSN for Oracle.. You can create your DSN by
Control Panal->Data Source(ODBC)->System DSN->ADD-> Microsoft ODBC for Oracle. for this u need some component which we get during Oracle Instalation. Here I cant understand where the access database come. Do you want to connect to Access or Oracle. To access Queryman to u r Access database u would need a DSN for access.

User3000

hi user3000,
Sorry i make you confused. What i want to say is that When I use access to link to the oracle database by ODBC, I have used the "Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle" to build the linkage between Access and Oracle database. However, I can't use the same driver to build a linkage between Queryman and Oracle database. An error message appear "Invalid Connection String Attribute".

As I don't know which driver I should use, I have tried to use the driver "ODBC driver for teradata" to build a linkage between queryman and oracle database, however, an error message appear : "10065 WSA E HostUnreah: The Teradata serve can't currently be reached over this network."

I hope you could understand what I am talking about.

I have attached to Oracle through ODBC, I have however used the Oracle ODBC driver, not the MS for Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back