Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use PROMPTS FILTERS in Cognos Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

eSoftian

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
IN
Hi all,

I am a starter and i would like to knw how we can use prompts & filters in cognos reports.

There some districts and I have soem codes for those districts. I need the exact steps involved to create a prompt and use it in report. I am facing problems when i enter the dist code in type in prompt as all the dist. codes in the reports are changing to the no. i entered in the prompt. Please give a solution ..

Have you tried to read the manual to get info on Prompts and Filters. It's very helpfull.

eSDoftian,
Try checking out this FAQ faq401-2137 by Dave GRiffin..it might add some more light to what you get from the macros..and if you are having some prompt problem you might also wat to do a search on this forum..on Dave Grifin's response..he has responded to alot of prompt question which have been of more than a great help for me...goodluck

Thanks,
Tusky
IT/Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back