Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use plugins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trop25

Technical User
Apr 17, 2005
SE
Hi
I got som .prm files that I like to use but I can´t get them to work. I move them into the plugins directory and place them with other .prm-files in the map plugins/en_US were I have som other .prm-files (transions) that works.
But I cant find the file anywere. When I try to restart I get a message that says ints something wrong in preminfo.dll and after I click ok the program starts but I still haven´t got the new transion.
What do I do to get the new .prm-file to work??

Back again, the message also says something about that it can´t fing the numberline (?) 406 in preminfo.dll. this message don´t show when I remove the .prmfile from the directory.

Premiere Pro uses a different plug-in architecture from earlier versions, so older plug-ins are likely to be incompatible with Pro, and newer ones incompatible with older Premieres.

Furthermore, not all After Effects effects are compatible with Premiere Pro.

If the ones you've tried don't work, it's probably because they are incompatible with your version of Premiere.

Which plugins are they and what versions are they? Off-hand I know Trapcodes work for AE and PPRO, Magic Bullet Editors, Boris, POV, MB Movie Looks just to name a few..

Patrick

You will have to consult manufacturer's web sites for non-Adobe plug-ins.

For Adobe, anything that preceded PPro/AE6 is unlikely to be compatible.

PPro automatically registers compatible Adobe AE plug-ins, unlike earlier versions of Premiere, so if you don't see them in PPro, they are unlikely to be compatible. For other manufacturer's plug-ins, you need to put them in the EN-US folder inside the Plug-In folder - at least, that's where they go for English versions of Premiere - other language versions may differ.

Doesn't hurt to try.. Just rename them to the new PPRO Plugin Extension.. My old HollywoodFX works perfect for PPRO even though it was for 6.0

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back