Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use MySQL DBI with Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterv12

Technical User
Dec 31, 2008
US
I'm attempting to install the MySQL DBI for Ruby in Kubuntu Linux. I'm running the extconf.rb script to install it, and I get the following errors. Unfortunately, I have no idea what they mean or how to fix them. Can someone please help me out? Thanks...

Code:
peterv@MBP17K10<930>$: ruby extconf.rb                                                                                   
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no                                                                        
checking for main() in -lm... yes                                                                                        
checking for main() in -lz... no                                                                                         
checking for main() in -lsocket... no                                                                                    
checking for main() in -lnsl... yes                                                                                      
checking for main() in -lmygcc... no                                                                                     
*** extconf.rb failed ***                                                                                                
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of                                                           
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more                                                    
details.  You may need configuration options.

well, it is looking for the mysql headers and can't find them. You should look for a way to give the extconf script the location of the mysql installation and/or lib directory for the aforementioned installation and see how it goes from there.

Tao Te Ching Discussions : Chapter 9 (includes links to previous chapters)
What is the nature of conflict?

This has been resolved by reinstallation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back