Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Crystal Reports 10 RDC Merge Modules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfitzner

Programmer
Nov 17, 2000
BR
Hi all,

I'm having some problems with building an Installer Package (.msi) with MS Visual Studio Installer 1.1.
I'm adding all the merge modules into my project, change the Build Configuration to Release mode and click Build.
The result is a 40MB .msi File.
When I start this one, it pretends to do some installing, but in truth it only installs the additional files that I've added to the project, but none of the DLL from the merge modules.
Am I blind, or are these files in an other directory???
Where do the merge modules normaly install their files? Do they use the applications standard directory?

Thanks for any help

You should be able to find many of these files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\bin
hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks Ido, I found this directory on the client computer.
The reason why I did ask that question, was that I can't run my reports properly on the client computer and the only difference to the developer computer is the installation of the merge modules / vs. Crystal Reports 10 Developer Version.

Maybe there is a problem with the registration, because it doesn't exist a chance for me to type in the keycode for the license merge modul.

And here is the solution:

1. The keycode can be changed using Orca from Microsoft, which is included as an InstallationFile in the SDK. With this tool you can open Merge Modules and change the Property Table.

2. Even if not printing the report and only showing the report with the viewer component from Crystal (crviewer.dll) as a preview on the screen, needs a default printer being installed on the computer.
Unfortunately we didn't get an error message that should have told us: Default Printer missing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back