Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to upload files to pda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christiana

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
CY
I have developed a mobile portal and I need to have an "offline mode". To be more specific, I want to create all the pages for a user and upload it as a whole package to the pda, so that the user can browse the pages without being connected.
Can anyone tell me how I can achieve this?

Cheers

This isn`t exactly what I want. I already create the pages. The problem is how to send all these pages to the pda, without synch

I assume you're talking about a pqa (also known as a web clipping application)? If I'm not too far off you'll need the WCA Builder application available free of charge from PalmSource. You'll have to create a user account (at the site) and log in. Look for the Web Clipping Application section and download WCA Builder along with the graphics editor. Both are easy to figure out and use.

Hope this helps.

AlphaGuy

I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in anyway. I did something fairly similar to what you plan on doing using xml pages (I'm assuming when you were talking about pages it was some sort of html/xml/wap browser type thing). It depends on what OS you're using (pocket pc / palm) but I think both have solutions. The pocket pc could just store the html files on the device itself. You use activesync to place them in a directory there. The palm os is a little more complicated. If you are developing something I would suggest having a database holding the name of the page and its text and just plug that into a browser. Otherwise I don't know of any way of browsing offline html files on a palm (I'm sure there is already a program like that, I'm just not aware of it).

Hope this helps
Kevin

christiana - i found a little program (free) called pilot install which downloads files to a palm - is that what you are looking for - sorry I can't remember where I got it but if you put a search on for that you could prob. find it - hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back