Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to upgrade PIX IOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhchooi

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
MY
I am new to Cisco IOS. Recently I read a news that PIX IOS is vulnerable to DDoS attack. I am using PIX IOS 5.3(1). I like to upgrade to 5.3(2) or 6.0(1).

Appreciate if someone could help me on the following: -
1. Where can I download this IOS? I am not a CCO member.
2. How do I upgrade the IOS? (I never did any IOS upgrade before). Is there any article on this subject over the Internet?

Thks
YH

If you don't have a CCO then your only hope is finding someone who does and asking then nicely if they could get the file you want for you.

To upgrade you will need a tftp server. There should be instructions with your PIX manual.

Chris.
Chris Andrew, CCNA
chrisac@gmx.co.uk

Hi Chris

How do I become the CCO member?

Best Regards
YH Chooi

You need a service support contract with Cisco. They're cracking down now on access to software downloads and other stuff and so I believe that you take out support on the product that you buy and then you have access to software for that particular product. Don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure but that's the story I got from our supplier.

The other option of course is becoming a CCIE and using your CCIE number when applying online for a CCO login. Although, quite frankly taking out a support contract might be easier that getting your CCIE!!

Go here to get more details of how to register for CCO.

Regards

Chris.
Chris Andrew, CCNA
chrisac@gmx.co.uk

How much does it cost to registered as a CCO member?

My supplier is charging us RM2000 (>US$500) for the IOS and another RM300 (US$80) for the Engineering charges.

Best Regards
YH Chooi

Look in the software download section of CCO and see what the latest software version is for your PIX. You need to make sure that you have enough flash and memory to run the latest software.

Chris.
Chris Andrew, CCNA
chrisac@gmx.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back