Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Upgrade Phaser 860Dn to 860DP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcottone

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
US
I have a Phaser 860DN and would like to upgrade it to an 860DP. What does it entail to accomplish this? The DN printer is used but still has a relatively low page count, however, I'd hate to put too much money into the unit. What would you reccomemend and where could I obtain the
parts?
Thank you,
imagesphoto@direcway.com
John Cottone
Images Photography
Mt. Morris, NY 14510

I am currently not sure if the parts are availble for the printer model you specified. But 9 out of 10 times, an authorized dealer, agent, or reseller will be needed to check that out and help obtain what your looking for.

You can find them third party thru refurbished companys but its unadvised because you normally dont get a decent warranty from these types of places.

use this link to check for a local dealer near you.
I would start by asking them price and availablity for the duplexer. Get them to tell you what the Part # is. Then you can search Ebay, or the surf the web for second hand parts if that is the way you want to go.

David Drury
Northeast Laser Image

The DN model is capable of doing the things a DP is, what enables these feature sets is replacing the Code Rom. This will enable the duplex printing option as well as high resolution/photo mode. I would also suggest upgrading the memory to min 128 if not already installed so when using these features will not slow down the processing time. The part number for the Plus feature code rom is 671527501 and list price is $215. There is no other hardware required to add.

As Marty said, there really isn't a designated "DN" model for your printer. If it's currently an N (Network), simply adding the DP firmware rom will activate the DP (DuPlex) features. Additionally, you could pick up a used DP mainboard and swap out your N mainboard, which may be cheaper as the average market price on eBay for a used DP board is ~ $150.00, versus spending $200+ for the code rom. Changing the board would also alter the listed page count and serial number for your machine (to those associated with the formatter board's original unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back