Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to upgrade a Flat v4.6 Notes Server to Hierarchial R5 Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2002
JP
Dear Notes Experts,

I have a question for you.
We have a FLAT R4.6 Server in my company which is used by around 90 users mainly for Mail purpose. The only application database being used is Resource Reservation database. This server connects to a R5 Server for mail delivery to other domain used by other department. Recently the hardware crashed and we restored the Notes environment on a new HP server. Now, I have to upgrade the Notes version to R5 to ensure we do not have any obsolete technology being used.

In the past, I have experience of upgrading Notes R4.6 Hierarchial servers to R5, however, I am a bit hesitant in upgrading the FLAT R4.6 Server as I am not sure whether the upgrade process will take care of upgrading all the IDs (User and Server) to Hierarchial automatically during the upgrade. I am afraid that I would have to manually upgrade all IDs from Flat to Hierarchial and this might mess up some mailboxes, etc.

I seek advice and help from Notes experts and those who already have experience of upgrading Flat servers to Hierarchial. I would appreciate if you could give me some tips or any useful URLs so that I can upgrade the server as smoothly as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Dear All Notes Experts,

Could anyone offer any advice?

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back