Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to update the contact list of all IP phones ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrannoor19

Technical User
Apr 23, 2011
SA
Dear all,
i am not able to update the contact list of the IP phones .. As we are having almost 380 phones . Please it i could be assisted in this

Thank you in advance !!!

Depending on the phone type, you could use the USB port on the top of the phone and import the contacts that way.

Hi guys ,

Avaya 9620 phones are being used .and we have almost 900 users ...it is hard to do it one by one

I think the USB stick might be the only choice. You could always use the system Speed dials as well.

I think you could create a file and ftp to the phones using the restore feature of the phones. Set a backup server in the settings file and set the phones to backup. You'd have to restart the phones but then they could backup and create the text file for each phone. You would need to put the contacts in the proper format in each text file and do a restore to the phone. I think that would work and i think I even tried it before.

Hi,

so long as you have set up your 46xxsetting.txt file to set the phones to backup to a http server.

1. create all the contacts on one phone
2. backup the phones settings .... this makes a file call 2000_96xxdata.txt (2000 being the extension number)
3. download this backup file creator file - 4. use you 2000 backup as the template and enter the start / end extension (ie. your 900 range) to create 900 x files with the same settings / contacts
5. reset all your phones to pick up the new backup file

NOTE - you should put (overwrite) the new 900 files just before you reset the phones out of working hours as anyone using the phone may overwrite your new file.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back