Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Update Remote Access database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamm

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
PH
We have an Access Application for Sales in our main office. i've used a frontend/backend approach in this application. We have five remote branch offices, each branch office is responsible in monitoring the sales in the region which was supervised by a sales manager per region. Each branch office has a copy of the Access Application. the top management of the company want to consolidate the sales data into one database to come up a sales report per region and to compare the sales by region.

my problem is how to consolidate the data located in the different branch office.

your help will be appreciated.

For the immediate problem, a copy of each back-end would be needed to consolidate into a "Master" backend, and then use the Find Duplicate query wizard to delete any duplicated data.

For a long-term solution, check out the online Help file topics on "Replicated Databases". Type in "Replicas" to locate these topics.
Replication allows for synchronised distributed copies of the one database, with a built-in manager to consolidate the data into a master of the database.

HTH

Lightning

Lightning,

Thank you for your reply. I will try your ideas, I think it will work.

Zamm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back