Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to update patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pananjo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2000
TH
Hi all,
Yes, it's very easy to update patch. Using Desktop/install.../install Patch on Tivoli Desktop

But I have problem about installing patch for Framework, and others TME products that not have one files for update.
I found a lot of files in Tivoli support FTP site (ftp.tivoli.com/support/patches/) such as for Framework3.7 -> there are more than 1 directory (ftp://ftp.tivoli.com/support/patches/patches_3.7/), there are TMF-0002, TMF-0003, TMF-0004, TMF-0005, TMF-0007. How can I do?

I'd recommend that you don't just patch to the highest level, but you check the README for each patch and make a conscious decision over whether you need that patch or not.
Tivoli don't supply a "super-patch", so it is a matter of collecting each one that you want to apply and then installing it.

(Of course you could script this using the wpatch command; I hope you realise though that only one install can be taking place at any time, so there isn't any point in trying to do anything clever like setting them off in the background).

Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back