Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to update a check box value in a query??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmconsult

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
I need to update the values of check boxes in a table. so in my update query i have selected the checkbox but no values that I enter in the UPDATE TO: area, seem to work I have tried true, "true", and some others. does anyone know how to do this?

Access isn't very even handed about such things. Sometimes you can use "True" and sometimes you'll find you have to use the mathematical equivalent thereof. Try 0 for false and -1 for true and see if that works.

Uncle Jack

No I cant seem to get that to work either. I dont know why? I tried -1 too. Im working with A97 if that matters.

The table data type is Yes/No. This is a simple 1 bit boolean value of -1 and 0. I just tested three different ways of changing its value: True/False, Yes/No, and -1/0 and they all worked. So there must be something else going on that isn't indicated by your question.

If you're still in a jam send me the table and form and I'll have a look at it for you.

Uncle Jack
avdata@wave.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back