Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Uninstall of Brightstor ARCserve version 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwdCouncil

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
AU
Have backups running across the network with client agent version 11 installed on the server we are backing up. Backup is submitted from a Windows 2000 server to a Windows 2003 server. Both have version 11 installed. Backup only seems to fail on a full weekly not on the incrementals.

Backup fails all the time with message E3322 Unexpected retrun from find next file. Unable to backup files after FILE=\\Servername\F$\Servername\Data\000\000\000\095\95142.doc, EC=1130. Spoke to Computer Associates and they got me to put a licence key in for the client agent. Still get the error. The server has the client agent plus the full version of the software installed. Only really need client agent. What is the best way to uninstall software and start again as this might be the only fix unless someone knows something else. Do I Add/Remove programs.
thanks this is relatively urgent as it has been going on for ages. On

Just use add/remove programs and check afterwards if all ARCserve related directories and registry entries have been removed.
I think your problem however is not ARCserve related, do you use the Client Agent to browse the remote server structure or do you use the Microsoft Windows network for this (the path :\\Servername\F$\Servername\Data\000\000\000\095\95142.doc seems strange to me )\

regards

thanks, I tried backing up adding the server to the list of backups in the backup group and using the client agent when software was first installed. It talked to the server but nothing got backed up so now I use the browse option in the backup window to drill down via the network to that server. Thats why the it shows as $(servername) as appose to the standard method. It does back up the C: and d: drive and part of the F: drive then fails. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it is some sort of licencing issue even though I have installed the licence codes.

Hmm - if you are backing it up via network you are not using the client agent at all.

I did also notice you say you had r11. but didn't qualify whether it was 11.0 or 11.1, nor whether your Win2003 install had SP1 installed on it either.

If you are running Win2K3 SP1 then you need to be running r11.1 at the latest patch level. r11.0 does not provide support for Win2K3 SP1.

The rc=1130 equates to 'Not enough server storage is available to process this command'.

Are you backing up to a filesystem device and running out of disk space? This may tie up with your assertion that this only happens on full and not on incremental backups.

thanks for the last post. Checked the server and it is Windows 2003 sp1 so there is the answer. I will have to upgrade to Backup version 11.1 as you stated. Mystery solved I think thanks heaps as this has been driving us crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back