Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to un-recall recalled media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voierr

MIS
Oct 17, 2008
GB
Hi,

I've been a bit of a numpty and recalled 2 scratch tapes.
Now nothing will backup to them as they are in a "recalled for restore" state. I can't even export them out of the library.

I have no pending restore jobs to cancel.
I've tried deleting/erasing/moving the tapes around to no avail.

So my question is, where is the "cancel recall you numpty" (or equivalent) button?

Simpana 7.0 SP5

I have never seen this before but this is what I would try.

Using the library interface (or using the GUI on the library if you have one) see if you can export the tapes from there, this may force commvault to cancel this recall media request.

Stop and start the services on the Comcell to see if that will kill the request.

I never use the recall media function so I am not sure where to start on this one.

Commvaultdude,

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried your ideas but no luck I'm afraid.

Using the Library interface does allow me to export the tapes but CV does not "reset" them. I put them back in and they stay "recalled for restore".

Stop/started the CC services too but no go there either.

I've logged a call with CV so the big wait begins...

Thansk again.

I really am a numpty.

"When media are re-called there is usually an "action" held against them under the Action window which is located in the browse column under Vault Tracker. Go there and see if that is the case. Highlight the action an abort it."

Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back