Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to type special characters like Trademark or Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBMac

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me how to type text into a Quark document including Copyright or Trademark symbols ?

There is a program out there for the MAC called "PopCharPro" that will put an icon on your top bar to make the charators you want. It does cost sometihng I forget what though, However I have created a "Simple Text" document with those charactors in it and whenever I need one all I do is open that doc up and copy and paste.

In Windows their is a file with all these on there but since I am not at a Windows computer right now I don't remember the file.

If all you want is the ® hold your option key down and hit "R", © is option and the "G" key. This will work on the MAC.

Tony Perkins

Pop char is great...however...they have finally caught on in the osx version...and will show you the 'hidden' characters....but you have to pay for the full version to access the keyboard commands for them.

Key caps in osx is the next best thing...however...they have removed it from the OS in 10.3.4, so keep a copy hanging round from 10.1.x....as it still works in 10.3.4

Woof...woof...

BD

Hiya

I have a sheet with all the special characters on it , i can scan and e-mail it over if you still need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back