Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to turn-off voicemail in modular messaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junafrica

Technical User
Aug 3, 2007
CA
Hello. Does anybody know how to turn off voicemail in modular messaging? It audix, it is done using option 5, then 7. I don't see the same feature in modular messaging. Any ideas?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Some of the options that you could do in the Audix aren't available in the MM Audix TUI.

I did see that pressing 5 7 in the old Audix was described as this:

"Turn off your mailbox when away"
"Turn off the call answer capability of your mailbox for
times when you’re on vacation or away from your office for awhile. This prevents your mailbox from filling up and encourages people to seek other personnel for assistance. It also helps save resources on your AUDIX system. To do this, press 5 7 ."

Can you describe how you want the system to act now. Maybe you could either use the Extended Absence greeting feature or possibly use a Caller Application to accomplish something similar to how it use to work?

Chuck

HI Chuck. Basically, what I want is to temporarily block anybody from leaving me a voicemail. The system should say something like "This mailbox does not accept messages at the moment" then disconnects. I want to be able to do it the simplest way without involving vdns and vectors.

Thanks.

Jun

Go to

Edit Local Subscriber

MAILBOX FEATURES

VoiceMail Enabled yes no

VoiceMail Enabled: Specify whether the subscriber can receive messages from other subscribers, email messages (if enabled), and call-answer messages:

Select yes to allow the subscriber to create, forward, and receive messages.

Select no to prevent the subscriber from receiving call-answer messages and to "hide" the subscriber from the telephone user interface (TUI). The subscriber cannot use the TUI to access the mailbox, and other TUI users cannot address messages to the subscriber.

Even if you select no:
The subscriber can use an email or web client to create, forward, and receive messages.
Other system users can use an email or web client to address messages to the subscriber.
The subscriber's information displays in the LDAP directory.

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back