Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to troubleshoot missing fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftechguy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have a user (G3 mac, running OS 8.6) who weekly, distills Quark 4 documents with Adobe 4 distiller. Last week, without any settings being changed, the distillation process suddenly stopped working--Adobe can't find certain fonts and subs courier instead. The job finishes normally otherwise. I checked the fonts folder for the fonts in question and they are present, work in other apps and the document previews correctly in Quark.

What can I do to troubleshoot and fix this? I have tried removing the fonts, putting them back and rebooting, but it still can't find them

sounds suspiciously like your font substitution/embeding properties have been changed.

knoweldge is power, spread the power

chaos, Quark and Adobe are both not my strengths. How do I check for this? What should the proper setting be?
Thanks.

Try going to Font Locations in Distiller. Remove any paths or locations. Try to distill again. If you still blow out to courier add a new Font Location and path it directly to the font you wish to embed.

This problem was caused by the user including the system font, Chicago in the document. Somehow that messed up all the other fonts. Removing it resulted in normal operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back