Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfere incoming calls strait to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpedrick

MIS
Jul 26, 2005
US
So here is my question I would like to be able to send an incoming call strait to VM. If the phone is ringing and I don't want to take the call instead of waiting for it to finish ringing, I would like to e able to hit a button and have it go strait to VM. Perfect example of why, say I am about to make an important call just as I go to pick the phone up it rings. I would love to be able to send them right to VM. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

DJ

i always wanted this feature, and got it when we added a cisco callmanager "PBX" to our environment!!

feature is called iDIVERT!!!

maybe by now Nortel has this feature too? not on my RLS 25.40 OPT 61C far as I know

been a nortel option since rls 6 or so

new
acd
xxxx (the number you want to send to mail)
maxp 1
ncfw zzzz (the voice mail answer dn)

return all other prompts, usually called a maxp 1 acd, since your not build an acd group the max number of agent can be set to one. doesn't require a licesnce, or a special package

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john i dont get it? how do you still get your normal calls if you cerate an acd to fwd all your calls to vmail

I appreciate the info, but I don't quite understand, is it possible to dumb it down a little for me? I appreciate the time you have already given and if you can't spend more I understand. Thanks.

MG2005, yea it is nice, something that would be appreciated at my company. My former employeer used Cisco Ip phones and this was set up strait out of the gate. So I miss that function.

DJ

Johns answer will work great if you want that call to always go to vm. I am assuming that you want the option to send the call to voicemail after it starts ringing on your phone without answering or waiting until the FDN takes over. There is no way that I know that you can make this happen.

Nortel, when it was still Northern Telecom had a little switch for a while that had that feature. I beleive it was called a DV1 or DV-1. It was an early attempt to network computing and telephoney. Unfortunately cheap old ethernet showed up and the DV1 became a lost cuase.

Had a lot of cool features though, to include the one you just mentioned.

Johns answer will work great if you want that call to always go to vm. I am assuming that you want the option to send the call to voicemail after it starts ringing on your phone without answering or waiting until the FDN takes over. There is no way that I know that you can make this happen."

exactly, and so will setting your phone to cfwd to your mail DN....but sending a call to VM on the fly while the phoen is ringing I dont believe thats possible. Surprising that Nortel never made that feature, seems it would be rather simple to integrate/implement

if your right i read the post wronge, no big, it's monday. no after the 1st ring, unplug the set or answer it.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

On what continent or planet is today monday? (besides maybe the lcoal bar/pub)

=)

Don't mess up John's world. You'll get him thinking it's Thursday or something.

I son't want to live in a world where it is still Monday...LOL.

What's wrong with Monday?
Might try the MSB, make set busy, I don't know if it will work once call is presented to set but once activated will send all calls to the hunt number.

lol, msb only before the station rings,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This is a pet peeve of mine in respect to Nortel systems. If Avaya and Siemens can do this (and presumably others) on TDM systems, why can't Nortel?

There's a workaround IF your user has a multi-line phone. It's a two button solution, not one, but it more or less solves the problem and requires no programming on your part. When the call starts ringing, the user should press one of his OTHER line keys - one that is NOT ringing. This will give him dial tone. Then the user should press Goodbye, thus disconnecting the dial tone. That's two buttons. The effect of this action, however, is that the ringing call on the first line will stop its audible ringing! It will still flash on the phone set and finish its ring cycle, but the noise will stop. So it's a two button process: Line 2 - Goodbye. Problem solved. But obviously if a user only has a single line phone, there is no alternate line to access, and thus this solution won't work for them. I sent instructions on this to all my users with multiline phones and became a hero. Good luck!

Wow, thanks everyone for all the responses, this is a great discussion I have been reading. I appreciate it. Thanks again.

DJ

i've told users for years to stop that disgusting sound, just pick up the handset and say hello.. surprising how well that works.. and you could press the dnd button on an old rolm decades after ut started ringing.. i use my forward key, if i forget i pick up a second line and get one tone, i've also used disu 64 0 14 14.. works rather quickly

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I beleive if you press goodbye or release while the call is ringing it will at least silence it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back