Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer data between two computers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newlearner2005

Programmer
May 9, 2005
US
Hello Everybody,

I know nowaday there are many easy ways to transfer data between two computers. But could anybody help me how to do that by old way "cable cross over"
I want to transfer data from my old computer window2000 (with SCSI drive)to my new computer window XP by that old way.

Thank you very much for your help.

newlearner2005

Both obviously must have network connections, plug in the crossover cable, go to my network places and use the "setup a home or small office nework" wizard.
Use the make disk option (floppy) and then run this disk on the other machine.
One should now see the other, transfer can now begin.

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Thank you so very much, Martin. But would you mind showing me how to hook up hardware physically ( not software )
Thanks a lot again.
newlearner 2005

Chiming in here...as paparazi stated, both need to have a network intrface/connection. These are the ones that would accept the RJ-45 plug on the X-over cable.

Just plug in the cable into each PC's network port and follow his net setup instructions.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

i hope u allready fixed ur problem. if not let me know i will go through with u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back