Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer calls to extenal number

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdriver

Programmer
Aug 31, 2007
GB
Hi,
What we are trying to do is transfer calls from a direct dial number through our BCM (so that we can monitor calls) to an external telephone number.
Is this possible?
I had thought about setting up a telephone with an extension then setting a call forward on the telephone to the external number?
Thanks,
Alex

Yes,you can do it via line redirecting feature which acts like "callforwarding

Excellent, sorry if I'm asking silly questions but I am a complete novice when it comes to these phone systems.

The 'line redirecting feature' is that a feature available on the telephone's themselves? or is this an option in the BCM Element Manager software? If it is in the BCM how do I access this feature.

Many thanks,
Alex

(so that we can monitor calls) What does this mean and how do you do it.

If a call comes in and you transfer it back out, it's gone.

We are currently using ipView Call management software.
All we want to monitor is the number of calls going through that direct dial number.
Thanks,
Alex

Here is how one would do :

Select Config- Line(physical/target)-Preferences-Redirect to

Whatever the #

Nothing to it. Cheers !

If your using IPview, you probably are using call center reporting which only tracks call center calls. What you would need to do, this should work but never tried it, is route the call to its own skillset. In the day routing the first step could be the external transfer. You will need 1 agent assigned to the skillset, logged in, but unavailable. That should put the call in que and thus follow the day route to the external number. You can then track how many calls go into that specific skillset. Again never tried it, but it should work.

Just checking is there not an issue with forwarding calls from a skillset? On our BCM50 if you login and then forward calls from an extension the call gets forwarded but you cannot hear the caller.

This may be a whole new thread because what you are proposing is slightly different but I would be interested to know if there is a fix for my scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back