Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer active call to my mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuzaPasha

Technical User
May 15, 2003
FR
Hi all,

i am not able to tranfer the currently active call to my mailbox...

We are using the S8700 CM 3.1.2 and Intuity Audix LX(CLAN integration)

here is the denial event I receve while using the Transfer to VM FAC

denial event 1725: QSIG VM-hunt not in cvg p

What are the ways to get this work?

Ani idea?

I've not used this feature myself but the documentation states...

1725 QSIG VM-hunt not in cvg p

Principal does not have a QSIG MWI (Message
Waiting Indicator) hunt group in its coverage
path.

Hope this helps

I've got a feeling that this isn't a feature to allow you to transfer one of your calls to vm but a feature to transfer a call coveraged from another extension to their vm...

Admin guide describes as...
Enter the digits that must be dialed to allow coverage to transfer the caller to the original call recipient’s
AUDIX mail where the caller can leave a message. Do not administer this code to have the same first
digit as another feature access code that is longer in length.

How are you trying to send the caller to your voice mail? Why is QSIG coming into play?

I agree with TykeUK (TechnicalUser). That feature is not to transfer a call to your own voice mail. I always just hit tie transfer button, then called my own extension, and the call went direct to voicemail, then I hit the 'transfer' button again.

What are the steps you are using to transfer the call to voicemail?

Transfering a call to your own extension should send it to your coverage path. Therefore, so long as the first point in your coverage path is the voicemail system, transfering a call to yourself should result in the call going to voicemail.

I hope this helps!

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

Hi,

thanx for this answers.... i thought that there might be sth that I can do to transfer the active call directly to my mailbox, not using the transfer to mu own extension while on call.... The whole idea is not for voice messages, but fax. We want an option to transfer the active call to mailbox to receive a fax if requested by the calling party, dont wanna say, please call again and so on...

QSIG is just int the error i got, no idea why.... nothing configured as qsig-mwi.....

Transfering the active call to my own extension will work and will work with goto-cover button as well, but i thought that sth easier could be performed, easier for users....

I will do i suggested to transfer the call to my own EXT and follow the coverage path....(with a limit that the coverage path first point must be VM)

Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back