Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to track a users emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabrock

MIS
Aug 31, 2006
US
Hi,

We are a small business and there is a user we suspect of violating our company's terms of use, is it legal and possible for us to track and store all email communications on his account on our Exchange Server 2003?

Thanks.

It is possible but legal I can't say. Here are some options for storing his email:
- You could create a second email mailbox and have all of the email that he sends copied to that mailbox by using the user properties in AD.
- Turn on message tracking to know who the user has been corresponding with. See the message tracking section in the link (- Get a tool that archives email such as GFIArchiver (
Those are few ideas but I am sure the community can give you more ideas.

nedrudrelyt = tyler durden

The legality or otherwise depends on which country you are based in.

Ah thanks, we actually checked with our lawyers and tjey informed us that all communications that are sent using our Exchange are legally the property of the company, so now, how do we actually archive and see the emails.

Also, yes I could change the properties in the AD, but that would only give me the emails he is receiving, not the ones he has sent, so we need to find a way to see archive all emails incoming and outgoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back