Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Trace an in coming call 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali000

Technical User
Jun 5, 2009
GB
Hi,
I need to cahse and trace a call (Internal and external call)and see what happens to it when it is place.
I know ther is command but I cannot remember it and also I am aware that it can be run fron Emulator. Could somebody kindly directe me how to get into emulator and what is the actuall command for tracing a call.

any help would be appriciated.

there are different ways of tracing inbound calls

from trunk group

list trace tac xxx - where tac is trunk access code of the trunk group

from vdn
list trace vdn xxx

from vector
list trace vec xxx

from extension (if its an option from auto attendant or DID)
list trace extension or station (depending on version) xxxx

outbound: you can trace from extension or TAC if you know which TG its going out on.

yes use emulator unless you are using SA 5

ezncool
You cannot solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them.
-Albert Einstein

Thank you very much Enzcool. I learned a lot.
As it's obviouse, I am very much new to AVAYA all together.
I need to see what hasppens when an external call is made to our company. The problem that I am facing is this. When external calls come in, where do they go and when not picked up why they do not go to voicemail box.

I know that we are not using Vectors. As far as I can see, it goes to a Hunt group and then takes a Coverage Path, which end up to 3 points (extensions.)
Any help is very much appriciated.
Thanks

It is a bit strange that it routes to a hunt and then takes a coverage path.
It should be the opposite: the call should follow a coverage path and the coverage path can lead to a hunt, extenstions, vdn's, remote numbers etc.

When a call is not answered, the system will check if a coverage path is defined (you can see the number in the station screen behind field COVERAGE PATH 1 or COVERAGE PATH 2).
In general it will follow cov path 1 by default.

Use the command: DISPLAY COVERAGE PATH xx to see the details of the cov path.

The coverage path has 6 coverage points (bottom of the screen).
The call will first go to the number mentioned in point 1, if this fails it will send the call to point 2, then point 3 etc.

The number of a point can be:
- an extension : just a number => exp: 1234
- a hunt group : h + huntgroup number => exp: h1
- a vdn number : v + vdn number => exp: v9876
- another cov path: c + cov path number => exp: c7
- the attendant: attd
- a remote number: r + remote number => exp: r5

Normally a hunt group pointing to the voice mail is already defined. Use the command: LIST HUNT to see all the hunt groups created in your system.
In general Avaya uses hunt 99 as the hunt to the voice mail system. It will mention AUDIX.

Change the coverage path of the station (command: CHANGE COVERAGE POINT xx) and add that hunt as last point.
So the last point should be "h99".
This is not point 6 but the last point you use. h99 can be assigned directly to point 1, if you want the call to go directly to the voice mail.

Note: make sure that hunt numbers are always placed in the last point, as they will always "answer" the call.

Hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back