Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to take out a parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesguan

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
CA
Hi,
I am trying to hardcode "startDate" and "EndDate" for a report,so I can use it for Visual cut.

I can take out parameter "DateStart" and "DateEnd" from select expert,but I can not delete them in field explorer->parameters fields,they appears as used mark. also if I click on refresh, enter parameter values still prompt out.

Thanks in advance,
Frances

I have run into this before and it is always frustrating. It happens to me especially on a report that is quite customized and that I havent looked at the design in some time. In EVERY case though, no matter how sure I was, the field was being used somewhere else in the report. The trick is finding it. I have found the culprit field in formulas, conditional formats, on the report itself, you name it. Unless someone has different info on the forum here, I would be willing to bet that field is referenced somewhere else in the report... my two cents

not sure if you use SQL command structures from database manager but if you placed a startdate or endate in the SQL code it will also show up as a 'used' field

Frances,

If you change the 'type' of your parameter from date to string or number, when you run the report it should start popping up with errors where the parameter is being used.

Andy

Thanks for your reply,

but I can not change the type of parameter, since they are grayed out. probably because it's in use?

Hi,
I just checked the SP, and found these two parameter there.
so I took out from there, but my crystal report shows me the error message:
"
failed to open a rowset
procedure xxx(my sp name here) has no parameters and arguments are supplied.
"

and still can not delete the parameters in crystal report

what should I do now? Thanks

Try doing a Database - Verify Database, or if that doesn't work try setting the location of the report to the modified SP.

Also, I think that VisualCut might be able to store the parameter values.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back