Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to switch odbc source on an existing report

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCTarheels

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
US
I have created a report with one odbc. Now I need to switch to the same type of odbc (points to the same database), but it is a silent connection.

How do I switch odbc connections in a report so that I do not have to recreate the report? A little bit you, a little bit me. [hippie]

Actually, I meant switching from defined odbc to a different odbc. I found the Set Location and changed locations and it worked.

Note: If there are any subreports, you must change the location for each subreport for each table. A little bit you, a little bit me. [hippie]

Hi, UNCTarheels
Can you please tell me how can I change location of all SubReports ? My setup is as follows :

I am using Crystal report 7, using OCX control.
I have subreport(sub1.rpt) which is embedded in the main report(main1.rpt). No how can I change Location of sub1.rpt
using OCX control.

Help appreciated.

Bhattu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back