Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to swap out a server with Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard5010

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2007
US
I am swapping out a terminal server, which is running Windows 2000, is there an easy way to transfer all my configurations from my old server (usernames, profiles, etc) to the new server? The old server like I said is a terminal server, it serves as a gateway in to the network via remote desktop, and dial in, it has a few files stored on it but very few.

Thanks

I don't know of a smoothe way. A bad solution, but a solution none the less, would be to temporarily use raoming profiles.

We implemented migration of our Citrix farm's settings with Scriptlogic's Desktop Authority. Because all settings there are stored within centralized SQL database the migration process was very quick in this stage. What was more important for us it was smooth for users. We've just installed new farm and users got their desktop configured according to former settings they have when they worked with former farm. It's the one of the many features we like here. I behaves much like a template. Even if we install system from scratch we can get standardized desktops right from the reboot. We tried it for a month or more before purchasing, so as far as I know they haven't changed the policy there and still distribute trial verision as fully functional for a 30-day period. You can try and see if it will work in your environment and suit your organisation's needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back