Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Suppress Whole Page???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad2

Programmer
Jan 9, 2002
US
I need to display every customer record on separate(new) page.I calculate the total payments of the customer using fields from another tables.I need to Suppress whole page(report) and Display just list of the Customers which are appropriate to the business rules.

How i can supppres whole page(report)?
How i can suppress a GroupHeader if i get a result(which i based suppression on) in GroupFooter?

Can i set something like Global flag: if ... then skip the page?

thanks in advance...

Which specific sections do you want to see/suppress, and under what group conditions? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

I put subreport in very first group header(#1a) Using shared varibles i can check if this Customer has a BalanceDue.. so if balanceDue > 0 then display customer info. Now i can Suppress whole page.but i got another problem
1. On group header(#1b) i set 'New Page before' if BalanceDue > 0. and now i have first blank page. i tried to add 'Not(onfirstrecord)' it does not work because based on bus rules it might be tenth record customer with balanceDue which i want to be displayed.

2. if i set 'New Pae After' in the group footer then i have an issue: Last page is blank. 'Not(OnLastRecord)' doesn't work. and plus i can not suppress very first group header(#1a) where i put my subreports... if i suppress it i can not get info from subreports, so, this section keeps growing on each suppresed customer record. what is terrible

my idea-
I would be good to display in the crviewer without first page?how to do that? or...

THANKS for your attention and help!

To make a subreport invisible use the 'stealth subreport' I described in the following newsletter:

Can you give your page break the samd condition that you use to suppress the pages, that balance is/isn't zero? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

To suppress blank section with subreports i went to 'Format Section' and cheked "Underlay following sections", but subreport is still taking up some space

what did i miss?
2.Yes i can give page break the same condition that i use to suppress the pages.

Your sure you checked this option for the section that contains the subreport? It should work. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Yes, i have "Underlay following sections" checked.
May be subreport causeS the problem .I've suppressed all section in subrePort,Subreport is blank within Main report, but subreport still has a data.

I would leave one subreport section not suppressed (like RF), and suppress the fields in that section. Make this section as small as possible and the subreport object itself also very small. Otherwise something doesn't sound right. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

I figure it out:
if Customer has a BalanceDue the report displays with info and the section with subreports does not take a space(get's suppressed),but if then i do not display three customers because they have no balanceDue and display Forth customer which has balance due then my Header Info moves down exactly on three group header space(where i put subreports)
and i have still this problem

May i Display in crviewer Starting from the Second Page?

That I don't know. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back