Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to suppress "Do you want to save the changes?" in forms? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivek

MIS
Jun 17, 2003
US
I use new_form(...) to navigate between different forms, how to get rid of the message: "Do you want to save the changes?" I wrote my own alert at each navigation button in each form, but I still couldn't get ride of the un-desired message. I set system message level to 25, but it seems that message doesn't have a error/warning message number at all.

This message is raised by CLEAR_BLOCK or CLEAR_FORM or EXIT_FORM if omiting parameter (ASK_COMMIT is used by default). You may pass other than default parameter (NO_VALIDATE, NO_COMMIT, NO_VALIDATE). Frequently this calls may be found in Clear_All_Master_Details procedure generated by Forms to handle block relations.

Regards, Dima

But how to pass non-default parameter (NO_VALIDATE, NO_COMMIT, NO_VALIDATE) to new_form()? I tried to used new_form('...', DO_COMMIT) and new_form('...', NO_COMMIT), but then I can't exit the current form any more.

You can not pass it. But you can check FORM_STATUS and process uncommited changes , if any, silently.

Regards, Dima

I can check the form_status to see whether it's already been 'changed', and either doing nothing or throw my own customized alert accordingly, but it can't suppress the "Do you want to save the changes" fired by new_form(..). It's really anoying.

Thank you for clarification. I am desperate... :(

If you are certain that you do not want to commit any pending changes then issue a CLEAR_FORM(NO_COMMIT) before you exit but after you save any values you might need.

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant/Custom Forms & PL/SQL - Oracle 8.1.7 - Windows 2000

You should not only show your custom alert, but also process feedback: either commit or clear form. Note, to clear silently you also need to pass parameter.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back