Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Suppress duplicate values for a column in Group Footer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hi,I want to suppress duplicate values for a column in the group footer, similar to suppressing duplicate values in the detail section,
I have 2 group footers in my report GF1 (Manager) and GF2 (Salesman). I want the GF2 to display as shown below.

Manager1 Salesman1 10 20 30
Salesman2 30 40 50
Salesman3 10 10 20

I just want the fist row in GF2 to show the value for the Manager, all the other rows for the same manager should be suppressed. Please note that the above display is in the GF2 (Salesman) section.

for those of you who replied to my earlier post, I'm posing this Q on a new thread just to not mix up the issues

Thanks

Actually this appears to be the exact same issue as in your other thread. Perhaps you can explain why my earlier suggestion did not work for you.

-LB

13775 5STARMAX 9393 13786 5STARMAX E 9378 Pay
13775 5STARMAX 9393 13787

Hi,

How do i suppress the 13775 5STARMAX 9393 valuse in asp page not to show twice. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
hamida

Hm786, you should start a new thread for a new topic. But if you did a formula field that combined the three fields, you should be able to group on it. Suppress detail lines and just show a value in the group header.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back