Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to suppress all records (not just the duplicate record) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestView

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US

I have a simple report using only two tables (CLIENT, PUB). The records are displayed in the Details section. The tables are linked in your average One (CLIENT) To Many (PUB) relationship. Therefore the report returns duplicate CLIENT records if a client has multiple pubs.

I want to suppress all records (not just the duplicate record) where a CLIENT record appears more than once in the report. Example:

ID NAME PUB
22 Bill Mag1
22 Bill Mag2
35 Sue Mag1
68 Fred Mag1
68 Fred Mag2
68 Fred Mag3

In the above example, I would like the report to only display record #3 (Sue) and suppress the others. How do I do this? I’ve tried Running Totals with no success. I’ve also tried - {CLIENT.ID} <> previous({CLIENT.ID}) - but this only suppresses the duplicate record.

Any/All suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

Go to the Section Expert for the Details section. Click the X-2 for Surpression and insert this formula. This should surpress any name that has more than one detail line.

next({CLIENT.ID}) = {CLIENT.ID)
or
previous({CLIENT.ID}) = {CLIENT.ID}

First group on {table.ID} and then go to report->edit selection formula->GROUP and enter:

count({table.ID},{table.ID}) = 1

You could also use suppression, but this is simpler.

-LB

LB,

Excellent! Worked like a charm. Your solutions are always so simple/elegant.

Thanks!!!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back