Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to suppress a group header when it falls at start of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sielah

Programmer
Oct 9, 2007
CA
I want to set up my report so my group header only shows when it falls halfway through a page. When it falls at the very start of a new page, it should be suppressed.

I know that I could do this with the Suppress function on the group header, as long as I can programmatically detect when the report has moved to a new page.

Can anybody suggest how to do this?

Please share your solution so that your thread becomes meaningful to other readers.

-LB

Could you post your solution to this, I am tryign to figure out how to do this right now. Thanks!

The problem was due to me not using Crystal Reports correctly. I didn't realize that you could set a group header to repeat automatically on a new page, so I had a complicated group header / page header combo set up.

When a colleague pointed out the repeat option, I didn't need to do what I was originally asking.

I know that's not much help. Sorry :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back