Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Store Avaya Phone contacts on IP office 500 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahangir303

Technical User
May 21, 2010
AE
THE PROBLEM IS my phone contact disappear from my phone automatically and i dont have any contats backup".

Kindly guide me step by step how can i save my phone contacts on avaya so next time if i lost my contacts from phone, i should be able to recover it through Avaya. Your kind reply in this regard will be highly apperciated.

IMp Details:-
Exchange: IP office 500 V2
My Phone Model: 5621D01A

I am able to store contacts with the help of Users-Personal Directory option under Avaya IP office Manager.

But how can i automate the task, so if a user save any no on his Avaya Ip phone it will directly store on Avaya, so i can restore the conact if it deleted mistakenly.

That only works with the current handset range, the older 56/54 series aren't as integrated :)

This is easy to back up your directory. You'll never forget.

Open config.

File>save as

You haven't lived until you've been affected by a lack of gratuitous arp.

I think he means personal directory.

That can only be backuped using a TFTP server, and settings in the 46xxsettings file.

User directory is backed up as well. If's in the user tab.

2 different things, that's what I was saying, the 54/56 are stored locally on the handset, nothing to do with what's in the system. The 14/16xx and 95/96xx personal directory is the one shown on the system under each user :)

Ahh ok. Thanks.

Please tell the exact procedure how to backup the personal directory, as i am not expert uer in Avaya. Step By Step Will be more helpful

You cannot on the 56xx handsets that you have.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back