Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop splitting talbe rows in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnix

MIS
Feb 18, 2002
US
Is there a way to set up a table so it won't split any rows between pages? Now I have to set every page not to split rows.
Thanks,
jnix

Sure, Try selecting the entire table, go to table properties, row tab - remove the checkmark from "allow row to break across page".

Hope this helps.
AngO

AngO;
Thanks, but I've tried that. When I go to the Row tab in Table Properties, I can't eliminate the checkmark in the Allow rows to break across pages because it's grayed out.
Now what?
jnix

jnix,
Is the button greyed out when you try an individual row?

When it is grayed out, can you still click it to turn it black? Sometimes the marker is gray because the settings for the individual rows don't match.

If the button is available in individual rows, try several at a time, but not the whole table.

Do you have header row(s) which repeat at the top of each page?
AngO

AngO:
If I select several rows, I can remove the check and eliminate breaking of rows. If I select the entire table I can't. I can't click the gray to black. I am using headers on each page.
Thanks,
jnix

Another thing you may need to do is click in any table cell first, point to Select on the Table menu, and then click Table.

Go to Format, Paragraph, on the "Line and Page Breaks" tab, click to select the "Keep with next" check box, and then click OK.

xlhelp:
Thanks, but this doesn't work either.
jnix

How about making sure the style has the paragraph formatting 'Keep line together' or just select the whole table (styles are my preference)

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back